Smoky Maple Spice Rub
- ¼ cup Baird Farm maple sugar
- ½ tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- ½ tablespoon freshly ground black pepper
Mix all ingredients in a small jar and shake or stir well to combine. Store with a tight fighting lid at room temperature for up to six months. Makes about ¾ cup of spice rub.
To use, pat dry your steak (we prefer steak from Hamilton Cattle Co. , chicken, pork, or other protein and sprinkle with the rub about 30 minutes before cooking. For extra flavor, sprinkle with more of the rub after cooking.
This rub would also be great in a burger mixture and to season grilled or roasted vegetables.